This forum is for Trading Performance Members to add questions or topics to be discussed during the monthly session.

2021.08.25– SESSION 26 – TRADING PERFORMANCE

4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Sherri Locke 2 days, 6 hours ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

The video index for this session has been posted. Enjoy!

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux

The recording of the Trading Performance session from earlier today is ready to view. Enjoy!

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux

Choke: What the Secrets of the Brain Reveal About Getting It Right When You Have To  is the recommended reading for this month!

Reveals astonishing new science of why we all too often blunder when the stakes are high. Dr. Sian Beilock explains the inescapable links between body and mind; reveals the surprising similarities amount the ways people choke; and shows how to succeed brilliantly when it matters most.

Get more information on this book at: https://amzn.to/3ipZIC3

Ron van Steenoven
      Participant
      @ronvs@rvsa.ca

Hi John,

As an aspiring future Pro trader, I realize that the mental game is probably 90% or more of one’s success (the rest I imagine is divided evenly between knowledge, effort and experience). I have noticed through the Trading Triangle videos that you are actually a rather emotional chap (I can relate), however; you seem to be completely emotionally detached from your trades.  One of my mentors stated the following: “Figure out who you need to become to accomplish what you are trying to accomplish. If you become that person, the results will follow.” I have also read that the best traders are unemotional in their trading. With this in mind I have the following questions for you, the community’s mentor:

1. What was your experience going through this process (from newbie to rock star)?
      2. Were you always unemotional in your trading or did you develop that skill over time?
      3. If it developed over time, can you break your process down into steps?
      4. Was there a point when this detachment became easy for you? Was it gradual or did it happen all at once (an a-ha moment so to speak)?
      5. When you are in the middle of a multi-million-dollar trade. What are your thoughts?

As a stage 3 trader (almost stage 4) that can sometimes get worked up over losing a friggin back trade (definitely a perception problem that I need to resolve!), I think there may be other newer traders that have not heard your trading history or your experience getting where you are today and would appreciate it. I know I would.

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux

Please post your questions or topics for discussion in the REPLY TO box below, 48 hours prior to the live session.

To request a coaching session during the live trading performance session, please click here.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.