This forum is for Trading Performance Members to add questions or topics to be discussed during the monthly session.

2021.03.24 – SESSION 21 – TRADING PERFORMANCE

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Jenica Locke 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jenica Locke
      Keymaster
      @Holzschuh8Jenica

The recording of the Trading Performance Session from earlier today is ready to view. Enjoy!

Dan Shaw
      Participant
      @dkshaw@gmail.com

Hi John,

You might have spoken about this in a previous session, but I recently stumbled upon a video of yours on the topic of emotions. You could probably spend a whole session on this topic, but I would like to know some of the mental exercises you go through (or mind hacks), not only for each trade you make but also on a day-to-day basis. For example, you mentioned a mind hack where you will put on a trade and subtract the drawdown from your account balance. Thus, you envision your account balance as already having lost that trade. If you end up with a max loss, you’re mentally prepared. If you win, it’s a bonus.

For those who are curious on learning more about this topic. John has a great video here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeaoTZiMbAA.

Dan Shaw
      Participant
      @dkshaw@gmail.com

Hi John,

In episode 20, you talked a lot about the wrong mindset for traders to be in when analyzing their successes and failures. For example, thinking you did well when you won and bad when you lost. I love how you don’t sugarcoat the pitfalls of being in the wrong mindset, but can you spend a few minutes discussing the scenarios around when you should feel good about your trading. I would assume it is around following your rules, properly reading the market, proper entry/exit, etc. I would love to hear what you do after a trade that allows you to pat yourself on your back, most importantly after a loss. We are sometimes our worst critics.

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

Please post your questions or topics for discussion in the REPLY TO box below, 48 hours prior to the live session.

To request a coaching session during the live trading performance session, please click here.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.