This forum is for students of the ROCK trading strategy to share information.

ROCK questions for October 13, 2020 webinar

9 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Sherri Locke 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

The ROCK presentation from yesterday is ready to view. Take a look! https://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/programs/the-rock/

Gianfranco silveri
      Participant
      @ginothe1@gmail.com

if there is any type of combo promotional pricing (i.e. with M3, BB, etc), can you ask Seth to have an purchase option that includes the M21 program as part of the Rock combo (promotional pricing)? thanks John.

Sherri Locke
        Keymaster
        @KDAKSj4ux

Hi Gino, Seth did say he would make some promotional pricing for the M21 program also during the webinar yesterday. Please contact him directly at sfreudberg@smbcap.com to discuss the discount.

Andre Pare
      Participant
      @Bironique@hotmail.com

I know it’s tricky,  but let’s pretend you had to choose one greek, in your opinion, which one would be the most important one to monitor to manage a ROCK position (I guess that would also apply to the M3)?

Thanks,

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Hi Andre,

I am going to answer this here rather than on the ROCK webinar.

With this “type” of trading in general, we will most heavily rely on Delta

Steven Ganz
      Participant
      @steve@ganzfamily.com

A couple additional ROCK and general options trading questions:

• How scaled down can the ROCK be traded so that I can start with a smaller size until I build my skills (I do better trading live in small size to learn that I do backtesting)
      • Would you enter a ROCK (or pretty much any trade) at normal size prior to the election because a Trump win would likely mean an expansive up move (as it did in the prior election) and a Biden win would likely mean an extensive down move due to a fear of higher capital gains taxes and a less business friendly environment.  I would also expect overall IV to drop after this binary event’s answer is KNOWN – unless of course the results are contested, then IV could spike even higher.

At the end of the day, I am trying to make of sense of whether our current higher IV status is a great entry opportunity or a situation to be avoided until the binary even passes?

Sherri Locke
        Keymaster
        @KDAKSj4ux

Hi Steve, To give these questions the time and detail that John wants to give them, he has moved these questions to be answered on the GO Ask A Trader session today. Thank you!

Steven Ganz
      Participant
      @steve@ganzfamily.com

I have attempted at times to sim trade the Rock, but P&L swings seem very large at times, so you need a much stronger ability to take drawdowns during the trade than you might with something like the X4-v14 – do you find this to be true, or was I somehow sim trading it wrong?

Also – I have attempted to create a VEN diagram or flow chart showing all of the ROCK steps, but just have not been able to lay it all out into a flow chart format, have you done anything like that in the past for the ROCK or any of your trades.

Manish MISTRY
      Participant
      @msmcell@gmail.com
      APM230 Day Affirmation ChallengeThe Trading Triangle Maui 2016

Question: Can you recommend an alternative to using the M3 or Modified M3 for starting position where they are indicated?  In other words is there a BWB variant that can be considered for both of the above where the idea is to do it without having to buy a call?  Thanks.

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux

Please post your questions for the live ROCK presentation hosted by the Options Tribe at SMB Capital at least 48 hours prior to the presentation. This will give your questions the best chance to be answered!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.