This forum is for traders to share information about OptionVue analytical software.

OptionVue Subscription Plan

Tagged: 

21 replies, 11 voices Last updated by John Locke 2 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Andrew Stanton
      Participant
      @astanton@optonline.net
      APM2The Trading Triangle Maui 2016

Got this from Optionvue recently: “Your OptionVue Essentials subscription is expiring and the cost of another year is $1299.90. If you would like to do 2 years I can offer you 15% off and the total would be $2209.83.” Yikes!

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

At least they’re giving you a discount -x

Andrew Stanton
      Participant
      @astanton@optonline.net
      APM2The Trading Triangle Maui 2016

Optionvue is raising prices for 2017. How do we get the Locke In Your Success 15% discount to extend our subscription at current prices?

Sherri Locke
        Keymaster
        @KDAKSj4ux
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

@Andrew the 15% discount does apply to existing subscriptions when you renew. Please contact OptionVue, try james@optionvue.com to receive your discount if you are ready to renew.

Cynthia Sarver
      Participant
      @wawd@yahoo.com
      Blog WriterGoing to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016APM2 LIVE AttendeeSuccessful Options Trader of the Month30 Day Affirmation ChallengeTrade Journals

Hi David – if what you mean is how to change your datafeed in OV from QuoteVue to TOS or IB, open OV and click on the large “O” at the top right.  This will open a new pop-up window for Quotes Reception and you can change the Continuous Data Source drop-down box to TOS via DDE.  Is that what you meant?

Wayne Klump
      Participant
      @wacky.wayner@gmail.com
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 201630 Day Affirmation ChallengeUltimate Income Trader Workshop

difficult to explain but if you click help in OV you can call the tech support. They are really nice, can remote control your computer and walk you through other cool things in the program

David Fuller
      Participant
      @prophetrader@yahoo.com

I can’t find any instructions on how to get a TOS datafeed into OV?  Is is possible, and if so, how is it accomplished?

David

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

Hi David,

Since you just upgraded, you will need to refresh your page to see the additional icons or if they don’t immediately appear, log out of the community and then log back in. You will then find the “Resources” page with the “i” in the circle icon.

If you still have difficulty, please send a chat message to “Admin” or send me an email at sherri@lockeinyoursuccess.com

David Fuller
      Participant
      @prophetrader@yahoo.com

Cynthia,

The last icon I have on the left side of the screen is a + sign for upgrade.   I don’t have what appears to be a circle with an ‘i’ in it.

David

Cynthia Sarver
      Participant
      @wawd@yahoo.com
      Blog WriterGoing to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016APM2 LIVE AttendeeSuccessful Options Trader of the Month30 Day Affirmation ChallengeTrade Journals

David – it’s at the bottom of the navigation icons on the left side of your screen.  It looks like a little “i” inside a circle and if you hover over it, it will say “Resources”.

David Fuller
      Participant
      @prophetrader@yahoo.com

Wayne,

I can not find the Resources Tab?

David

Wayne Klump
      Participant
      @wacky.wayner@gmail.com
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 201630 Day Affirmation ChallengeUltimate Income Trader Workshop

David,

Click on resources and scroll down untill you get to option view tips, tricks, and tunes. Should help you get started.

David Fuller
      Participant
      @prophetrader@yahoo.com

In one of John’s lessons he mentions that using the correct settings in OV is necessary for accurate results.  Is there anywhere on this website or can someone provide me with the setting for OV in trading JL strategies?

Chris Simpson
      Participant
      @fastchris@comcast.net
      APM230 Day Affirmation ChallengeTrade Journals

I currently have both.  Option vue does have superior modeling but antiquated interface.  It also constantly locks up on me and freezes my computer,.  I have to restart it multiple times during the day.  This is my biggest problem with it.  ONE is way easier to use and super fast.   I use it sometimes to backtest stuff where greeks don’t matter as much, such as a BB where I am using only price triggers.   As soon as ONE gets its modeling together I will change to it full time.  I get very annoyed at optionvue at times.

Wayne Klump
      Participant
      @wacky.wayner@gmail.com

I have a feeling that competition will bring supply and demand into balance soon. OV is over priced IMO but far superior Greek analytics as far as consistency and step through days. Once ONE fixes the modeling and can be consistent the change is inevitable unless OV lowers price or up the programs UI.

Kas Eccles
      Participant
      @kasadian@yahoo.ca
      30 Day Affirmation Challenge

Interesting thread Justin. I’m curious why you’re choosing to leave ONE, is there something you didn’t like about it, would you recommend others stay away from it?

I ask because I was just thinking of switching away from OV over to ONE. Though ONE doesn’t have a 1 or 2 week free trial period so I haven’t done it yet. Personally I absolutely HATE OptionVue, I can’t believe they actually charge money for that crap. I’m nervous that ONE is no different and that I’d just be jumping out of the pot into the fire …

Would love to hear any feedback you, or others, might have about ONE.

Justin Ware
        Participant
        @wareinjust@hotmail.com
        30 Day Affirmation ChallengeThe Trading Triangle Maui 2016APM2

There are two reasons why I’m looking to move from ONE to OV, but they both are related to the different modeling that the programs provide.  Based off my live trading experience, ONE does not provide an accurate picture of the T+0 line to the upside which has hurt me on my M3 trades.  Additionally, John’s trades have been tested and traded using OV so it may make more sense to use it rather that ONE.  I’m still on the fence as I like ONE’s interface and ease of use, but I have to figure out a way to account for the inaccurate modeling to the upside.

Scott Slivnik
        Participant
        @sslivnik@gmail.com

The latest stable version of ONE is inaccurate on the downside as well in the current low IV environment.  I currently do not have a ONE subscription but had one for a year in the past.  ONE greeks are extremely similar to the greeks the default TOS model provides.  During yesterday’s down move in SPX, TOS showed +30-35 deltas during the day BUT my P&L showed a nice gain all day.

Compensating for the ONE greeks will be difficult.  ONE will be much closer to reality in moderate to high IV environments.  In a low IV environment, ONE may show the opposite of reality when trading M3 butterflies.

I would love to switch to ONE but making money is much more important to me than using the more appealing software solution.

Andrew John
      Participant
      @ajohnnd@gmail.com

The Essentials subscription is usually sufficient for most of what you do. I can have live data fed in from IB, but I almost never do; instead use backtrader to help with all my analysis and decisions.

Scott Slivnik
      Participant
      @sslivnik@gmail.com

Forgot to mention that you should take advantage of their 14 day trial before purchasing a subscription.

Scott Slivnik
      Participant
      @sslivnik@gmail.com

Justin,

I have an annual Essentials subscription and use TOS as the data feed.  The Real-Time subscription is for those that prefer to use OV’s data feed rather than their broker’s data feed.  The Deluxe subscription appears to add OpScan which is for stock/ETF traders.

Justin Ware
      Participant
      @wareinjust@hotmail.com
      30 Day Affirmation ChallengeThe Trading Triangle Maui 2016APM2

Hey Everyone,

I’m looking to transition from ONE to OV and am looking at the subscription options.  Which of the 3 subscriptions (Essentials, Real-time, Deluxe) does everyone use?  I’m guessing Real-time, but I figured I’d ask first.

Thanks!

Justin

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.