This forum is for traders to share information about OptionVue analytical software.

Backtrader issue on OptionVue 8.27

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by John Locke 4 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Giovanni Belependio
      Participant
      @gbelep@gmail.com

Thank you John for responding to my issue.
      I asked OptionVue and this is the answer I got below. Same as yours…
      I will put it here so it may help other new m3 and optionvue traders.

Also, I want to thank you for sharing your trading strategies to the option community.

Per OptionVue:
      The issue you’re seeing is related to previous gains/losses not being included properly in your
      gain/loss calculation after adjustment.

Open the Info window (Account Information) and check the “G/L to include previously realized G/L’s” box. (see screenshot)

Next use the Trade Log R grouping column and/or the Trade ID column to group all the trades together you want included in
      your Gain/Loss calculation. You can use Ctrl D on your keyboard to quickly copy the Trade ID or R codes to other lines. (see 2nd screenshot)

The Matrix Gain/Loss and Analyze graph will now include the gain/loss for the closed out portion of your original trade.

Cheers,

Gio

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Thank you Gio!

John Locke
      Keymaster
      @john-locke
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Gio,

It is likely that you do not have the trade identified properly in your t-log. Open the tlog and put a number or letter in the “r” column for each transaction related to that specific trade. Make sure the number or letter is the same for all transactions.

Giovanni Belependio
      Participant
      @gbelep@gmail.com

Hi,

Do you encounter any issue on the backtrader on v8.27 for the m3 ?

I am trying to make a simple adjustment but the T+0 goes all the way to the bottom and the P/L is wrong.

Thanks,

Gio

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.