This forum is for GO and PRO Members to post specific questions on the trading strategies for the live sessions regularly scheduled for Monday mornings at 9:30 AM ET.

2020.07.27 – SESSION 786 – OPTIONS TRADING FOR INCOME

Tagged: 

8 replies, 4 voices Last updated by virginie afota 1 year ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Arunas Skarnulis
      Participant
      @Arunas Skarnulis

That was helpful, John.

I truly appreciate your effort and commitment to our success.

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

I’m excited that it helped, thank you for the feedback Arunas!

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

The recording of the Options Trading for Income by the Guidelines from earlier today is ready to view. Enjoy!

Arunas Skarnulis
      Participant
      @Arunas Skarnulis

Hi, John

It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sherry and all community members.
      Just want to make sure I understood correctly that it is ok to trade both regular BULL and SUPER BULL strategies at the same time. Given their similarities and differences as described in FIT lesson 25?

virginie afota
      Participant
      @virginie.afota@gmail.com
      APM2

Hi John,

My own M3 has not yielded the same type of P&L so far so I was intrigued by the results you showed on the last session.

I do not have ONE so I modeled the same trade you showed at the same time in Option Vue and P&L is $2000 lower. I modeled it both with iron and put butterfly but the P&L was closer to $1500-$1000 than the $3500 ONE was showing.

I am not sure where it is coming from.

Virginie

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

And was your M3 Live or just in back tester?

virginie afota
        Participant
        @virginie.afota@gmail.com
        APM2

Dear John,

First thanks for your explanation on the technical difficulties with Option Vue.

As far as my own live M3 is concerned: I entered at DTE53 a 1400 butterfly and a 1530 Call. I think the difference in results with the website M3 comes from the fact that I waited before rolling up. I only rolled up on July 20th while the rules called for a roll up on July 15th. During those days, the website trade gained almost $2000 profit. I think it is because, we had a nice drop of volatility and the price stayed in the center of the tent. In my case, the price remained on the right of the tent and I I think this is why I did not benefit from that gain.

Virginie

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke

Virginie, What was your entry position?

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

Please post your questions for this session at least 48 hours prior to the live session so we can prepare the most complete and detailed answers for you! Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.