This forum is for Market Outlook Members to post specific questions or topics to be discussed during the live sessions regularly scheduled for Sunday evenings at 9 PM ET.

2021.09.26 – SESSION 118 – MARKET OUTLOOK

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Sherri Locke 1 month ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

The recording of the Market Outlook session from earlier today is ready to view. Enjoy!

Chris Patranella
      Participant
      @chris.patranella@att.net

John

I understand the Skew curve represents the different implied volatilities ranging across individual option strikes and expiration ranges.   In this group we regularly assess front month ATM IV versus back month ATM IV to see if we are in contango or backwardation, which helps inform our market outlook.   My questions are what other analysis should we be getting from the skew curves that inform our trading strategies?  How do we know if the front month vertical skew is considered flat or steep?  Is this type of analysis something that we should be considering in deciding which part of the skew curve we want to trade with our income trading strategies?  Feel free to move this question to the “Go Ask a Trader” forum if it is more appropriate there.

Thanks

Chris

john speight
      Participant
      @jwisespeight@gmail.com

In the past you said that you use a percentage chart package, I do notice differences between your charts and mine, what are the advantages to using your charts over the standard package in TOS? Also in the settings I can change the price to a percentage but that doesn’t change the chart itself it just changes the price to percentage. How did you get a percentage chart and is it something that I can try I just have to call TD Ameritrade?

Thanks

John Speight

Chris Patranella
        Participant
        @chris.patranella@att.net

I think you may just need to turn the log setting on the tos chart, if you want to see the size of the candles relative to the percentage move.

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

Please post your questions or topics for discussion below in the REPLY TO text box below 48 hours prior to the live session. Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.