This forum is for students of the M3 trading strategy to share information.

OptionVue Settings

Tagged: 

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by John Burrows 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

John Burrows
      Participant
      @JohnWBurrows@gmail.com

Thanks! I should have asked yesterday, rather than waste hours trying to figure it out.

John Locke
      Keymaster
      @john-locke
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Please review the

OptionVue Tricks, Tips, Tunes, and Tweaks

document in the resources page of the community for the settings we use.

Even with exactly the same settings, sometimes OV numbers differ slightly from system to system and even sometimes when closing and reentering the software on the same computer.

Also, there have been modeling updates since some of the older videos so if referencing something more than a year old, there may be minor differences as well.

and last sometimes the asset files get corrupted which creates wacky numbers. The correction is to delete the asset files as outlines in the document. If you do this remember to reset your settings.

John Burrows
      Participant
      @JohnWBurrows@gmail.com

I am trying to follow along with the October M3 trade on OptionVue, using the NetVue data feed. Although my market price and time premium are identical to yours, my greeks, theoretical price, and statistical volatility are not. In fact, sometimes they are very different. I have tried the trick of changing the day a few days forward and a few days back.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.