This forum is for students of the M3 trading strategy to share information.

OPtion Vue P&L

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by John Locke 4 years ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Francois Tillmann
      Participant
      @visual-options@outlook.com
      APM230 Day Affirmation Challenge

Michael,

First, I would make sure your commissions are defined correctly in OptionVue and match what your broker charges.

From OV home menu, click on Info  (account section) then Schedule, then enter your specific commission per contract and ticket charges if you have any.
      2017-07-20_0755

Next, each time one of your live trades fill, open the T-Log and make sure the prices in OV match exactly what you got on the order confirmation from your broker.

When your trade is completely closed, OV should match exactly the P&L you have on your trading platform. I have been following the steps above and OV matches to the penny with my broker’s platform. If not, I know I have entered a price incorrectly or I am missing a transaction in OV.

Hope this helps.

Michael Grech
      Participant
      @mgrech@shaw.ca
      Congratulations Hawaii Challenge Goal Accomplished!

hi john,  i think i have everything as it should be but i will check with OV.

what is your experience is a typical slippage for an m3 type trade?  the 3% to 3.5% i am getting seems a bit too high to me.

thanks.

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

There is no typical “slippage”. Once you are trading and executing well you should generally match or do better than OV conversion prices “on average over time”.

However there will be periods when you’ll do much better than OV conversion prices and sometimes worse.

John Locke
      Keymaster
      @john-locke
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Michael,

If you are certain the actual prices in the tlog are correct, the trades are matched properly in the R column and you have the software set up with the correct commission rate, I suggest that you contact OV directly to resolve the issue.

Michael Grech
      Participant
      @mgrech@shaw.ca
      Congratulations Hawaii Challenge Goal Accomplished!

Hi there, has anyone done a comparison of the P&L shown in OptionVue to the actual realized P&L when trading?  Over the past two months I noticed about a 3% to 3.5% discrepancy on allocated capital between the two.  For example last month OV said I was up $1,522 but in reality it was only $1,057.  This month OV said I was down -$82 but in reality it was -$809.56.  These are significant numbers.

I have been careful when placing the trades going up and down in small increments of $0.10 or $0.25 or so.  My OV price is set at (10Bid +10Asked + Last ) /21 and I have live streaming data from IB.

Thoughts?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.