This forum is for students of the M3 trading strategy to share information.

Historical Results

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by David Tang 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Michael Grech
      Participant
      @mgrech@shaw.ca
      Congratulations Hawaii Challenge Goal Accomplished!

David, did you generate these trades using your automatic software and just following the Greek guidelines?

David Tang
      Participant
      @tangpd
      APM2

Hi Michael,

I just generated some M3 back-testing on the RUT from the year 2000 to 2015. The file is located in the following link under directory “M3 Strategy”

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxs25rtv21rbmo9/AAA7rDNEvbF9Sa4_P4ZFZWTea?dl=0

In the file there are 3 spreadsheets:

1. DATELOG shows daily progression and all the Greek values, open and closed P/L each day as well as the current position on that day and any adjustments made.
      2. TRANSACTIONS shows the BUY and SELL price for every transactions made in each campaign
      3. SUMMARY shows all the campaigns and overall P/L for the entire period (2000-2015)

Hope that helps!

Cheers, David

David Tang
        Participant
        @tangpd
        APM2

Hi Michael,

Yes I generated the backtest trade results using my software which follows the M3 guidelines for entry, adjustment and exit based on 20% max. profit and -20% loss.

Cheers,

David

Michael Grech
      Participant
      @mgrech@shaw.ca

thanks john.

John Locke
      Keymaster
      @john-locke
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Michael,

Doesn’t look like anyone answered so I’ll throw in my experience. I’ve had students trading the M3 trade since 2007 but the actual M3 program was released in 2012. The program is similar somewhat different than the actual program.

Keeping that in mind, I do not have the actual numbers without digging through hours of stored info… but both back testing and live results have been similar to 2012 – 2015.

John

Michael Grech
      Participant
      @mgrech@shaw.ca

Does anybody have any historical backtested or live data for the M3 for 2011 and previous years?  Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.