This forum is for GO and PRO members to post questions or topics to be answered during an upcoming live session.

2021.05.12 – SESSION 23 – GO ASK A TRADER

Tagged: 

9 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Sherri Locke 5 days, 21 hours ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

The video index for this session is now ready to view. Enjoy!

Jenica Locke
      Keymaster
      @Holzschuh8Jenica

The GO Ask A Trader webinar recording from earlier today has been uploaded! Enjoy!

Nate Mallard
      Participant
      @natemallard50@gmail.com

Hello, I am trading the M3 to take the next step up in levels.  I find it most easy to make upside adjustments,  however, I struggle on a downside move when delta goes positive and the RUT passes my short strikes.  Could you show me your top 2 current favorite adjustments to the downside?

For reference, this is a Butterfly I had on (8 DTE)

Shorts at 2220

Long call at 2205 (48 delta)

Position greeks:

Gamma: -.92

theta: 376

Vega: -255

Delta: 48

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Thanks for the question Nate!

virginie afota
      Participant
      @virginie.afota@gmail.com
      APM2

Dear John,

We have had a sideways market on the RUT recently.

1. I would think the M3.c would behave quite well in this type of environment. Would you say that it is a better option than the M3.4u that can suffers from constant adjustment back-and-forth ?

2. How do you look at adjusting on a move down that does not change your opinion on a sideways market but creates a 50+ delta or higher than 2x Max loss on a -8% potential down move ? I found that calendar worked reasonable well unless we had a sharp up move the next day. I thought rolling down the whole structure was too aggressive and typically adjusting via spreads created a situation where I had to reverse the trade the next day at a loss.

Thanks for your answer

Virginie

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Great subject for Go Ask a Trader Virginie!

Neal Bland
      Participant
      @neal.bland@gmail.com

Hi John,

Would you please go over your tips and tricks to get the best order execution?  I’m doing basic things like timing orders for extreme values in the $TICK or $TIKRL in favor of the order but would appreciate your insights to squeeze more value out of execution.

Thanks!

Neal

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke

Thank for the question Neal! I look forward to discussing this more in detail.

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke

Thanks for the question and topic suggestion Neal!

Jenica Locke
      Keymaster
      @Holzschuh8Jenica

We highly encourage PRO, GO, and Trading Performance members to post their questions and topics to be discussed in the REPLY TO text box below at least 48 hours in advance of this meeting.

Click here if you would like to request a mini coaching session.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.