This forum is for GO and PRO members to post questions or topics to be answered during an upcoming live session.

2021.02.10 – SESSION 20 – GO ASK A TRADER

Tagged: ,

11 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Jenica Locke 4 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Jenica Locke
      Keymaster
      @Holzschuh8Jenica

The video index of this session is posted and ready to view. Enjoy!

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

The recording of the GO Ask A Trader session from earlier today is ready to view. Enjoy!

Jun Zhang
      Participant
      @jun41188@gmail.com

I just started live trading the M3.4U on TOS and I have watched your video on properly tracking PnL. I understand that adjusting the trade doesn’t significantly affect the PnL, but how are the costs of adjustments accounted for at the end of the campaign?

For example: I am paid $100 to enter a 2 lot M3.4U trade (max loss $500), and the cost of adjustments for the campaign end up costing $600. If I end up losing this trade at max loss of $500, does that mean that my actual final PnL is -$1000?   my calculation: 100 – 500 – 600 = 1000

If this is true, what would you say is the maximum cost of adjustments before I exit the trade?

I like this strategy a lot and understand that this scenario should not be a common occurrence. Thank you!

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Thank you for your question. I’ll discuss it on the meeting.

virginie afota
      Participant
      @virginie.afota@gmail.com
      APM2

Dear John,

I made a trade with quite a lot of creative adjustments. The trade got caught in the 80 points RUT up move on January 6th. I would be happy to hear your comments on the trade.

My max loss was $10,000 and expected profit $10,000 as well.

I entered a Rock configuration as I was expecting a pause after a large move up. Initially, RUT went higher than my up target and I rolled up. Then, as RUT retraced, I was expecting it to rebound on the 20MA and I used calendar to adjust on the downside rather than rolling down. Unfortunately, I kept the calendar one day too much and lost money on the big move up on Jan 6th. Finally, as I was bullish, I tried to recover the loss with bull spread and closed the trade on a small retracement.

Thank you for your feedback

Virginie

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke
        Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Thanks Virginie. Did you want to go over this trade during the meeting or were were you looking for something else? If not, it’s hard to comment on the trade specifically from just a tlog but I can comment on generalities about process vs market conditions.

virginie afota
        Participant
        @virginie.afota@gmail.com
        APM2

I am happy to go over the trade during the meeting and get your feedback as I describe it.

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke

Sorry for the late reply. Sure if you can go over the position we can do that but we need to keep it to about 30 minutes. Thanks!

Dan Shaw
      Participant
      @dkshaw@gmail.com

Curious to hear what John has to say about GME stock and the short squeeze that is going on. Extremely volatile and risky. I would think that it goes against his way of trading.

Did he jump in and take advantage or did he stay far away?

If he jumped in, what was his thought process and plan?

John Locke
        Keymaster
        @john-locke

Thanks for the question Dan. I sort of addressed this in OTFI on 2/01 but will discuss again in Go Ask a Trader.

Dan Shaw
        Participant
        @dkshaw@gmail.com

I heard your reply on OTFI John and it made sense. I appreciate you answering the question.

Sherri Locke
      Keymaster
      @KDAKSj4ux
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Ultimate Income Trader Workshop

We highly encourage PRO, GO, and Trading Performance members to post their questions and topics to be discussed in the REPLY TO text box below at least 48 hours in advance of this meeting.

Click here if you would like to request a mini coaching session.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.