This forum is where we welcome any trading related topic to be posted!

When exactly do I do the trades

Tagged: 

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by John Locke 1 year, 1 month ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

John Locke
      Keymaster
      @john-locke
      Going to The Trading Triangle LIVE 2016Locke In Your Success CoachAPM2Trade JournalsUltimate Income Trader Workshop

Jason,

I would suggest that you create a time towards the end of the trading day, that is consistent from day to day, in order to make your decision on whether or not you’re going to make the adjustment as well as what type of adjustment you’re going to make. This time should leave you enough time available to make the needed adjustments before the market closes. Once the decision is made, the exact time that you execute the trades can be any time before market close.

The reason for having a decision time in order to make your adjustments, is so that we are not reacting to the moment to moment price movements during the trading day. Instead we are simply picking a time of day, at some point between 3:00 o’clock in 3:45 to make our decision, and then once we’ve made our decision, we can take the time to execute the trades as efficiently as possible.

Jason Krautkramer
      Participant
      @jkrautkramer@gmail.com

For the strategies, do I try to execute the trades exactly at 3:30? Meaning do I check the positions beforehand in preparation of executing them at 3:30? Or, do I look at them at 3:30 and make the decision to execute or not at that time?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.